Aladdin Biometer and Corneal Topographer HW3.0 is a multi-function tool that combines a collection of measurements to assist eye surgeons in the calculation of IOL power. The Aladdin combines Axial Length, Keratometry, Anterior Chamber Depth, Central Corneal Thickness, Corneal Topography, Pupillometry and Corneal Diameter in a single instrument, helping the Eye Surgeon not only in traditional IOL power calculation but also in his or her choice of the ideal premium IOL for each individual attention.
Aladdin Biometer is a multifunction instrument that unites biometry, corneal diameter a topography, anterior chamber depth and pupillometry to help eye surgeons from the calculation of conventional IOL power and the choice of the newer superior IOL’s.
Today accurate IOL-power calculation is no longer enough. The last optical result and patient’s satisfaction are paramount. By integrating full corneal topography and wavefront analysis of the cornea the ALADDIN addresses the limitations of traditional biometers.
Topcon presents the entire picture with the newest ALADDIN. ALADDIN supports the surgeon not only in his selection of the spherical power of the IOL but also in his selection of the ideal premium IOL for each individual eye.
Aladdin Biometer is among the most ordinary and precise surgical processes performed around the world is referred to as Cataract Surgery. There are very high expectations not only from the patients themselves but also from the doctors as well after the cataract surgery.
This surgical procedure can also be called phaco-refractive procedures. For determining the spherical power of the IOL, traditional optical biometers supplies the most accurate details.
With Aladdin Biometer by Topcon, the complete picture is what is presented. For each individual eye, the surgeon may relay ALADDIN to offer support from the round tower of the IOL and also the choice of the superior IOL. This device was designed with three important characteristics in mind: The first one was that the speed point and shot acquisition with essential measurements offered in 5 minutes and proven accuracy in proven interferometry technology.
The Aladdin was developed with three key points in mind:
- Speed: Point and shoot acquisition – All necessary measurements are taken in under 5 seconds.
- Accuracy: Low Coherence Interferometry Technology provides accurate axial length, lens thickness and central corneal thickness information for precise determination of IOL power. When measuring for toric IOL, axis, surgically induced astigmatism and Incision location are also displayed.
- Ease of use: New color-coded mires and the incorporation of a status bar showing the progression of the measurements further simplify its use. The operator is only 3 clicks away from printing the IOL report. The 10.1-inch color touchscreen monitor with its wide angle of view is very responsive and comfortable to use.
-Point and shoot acquisition: all necessary measurements are taken in under 5 seconds.
-Proven Interferometry technology delivers accurate axial length, lens thickness, and central corneal thickness information.
-9 Measurements in one single instrument.
-The operator is only 3 clicks away from printing the IOL report.
-Precise IOL power calculation formulae and generic Toric IOL calculator including the Abulafia-Koch astigmatic regression formula.
-On-board Olsen formula with “C” constant
-On-board Barrett IOL Calculation Suite including the Barrett Rx, The Barrett Toric IOL Calculator, the -Barrett True K and the Barrett Universal II formulae.
-Built-in full Placido topography system offers all the additional diagnostic capabilities of any stand-alone topographer.
Aladdin Biometer Hardware specifications
Automatic measurements: keratometry, axial length (interferometry), anterior chamber depth, lens thickness, central corneal thickness, pupil, and white-to-white
Keratoscope cone with 24 rings equally spaced on a 43D sphere; more than 100,000 analyzed points
Dynamic and static pupillometry
10.1-inch color touchscreen
- On-board database management
- Automatic acquisition mode
- Guided focus system
- Complete IOL calculation software
- Corneal map analysis
- Diagnostic tool
- Keratoconus screening
- Corneal wavefront analysis (Zernike)
- Complete report management
- Reviewing of previous patient examinations
Ophthalmicmart blog supports your practice by providing professional perspectives, educational editorials and articles relevant to the profitable advancement of Ophthalmic practice or your practice and will upgrade advice.
Latest posts by Soren Milano (see all)
- Revealing the Retina: Optometry Corneal Topography - February 12, 2019
- Everything You Need to Know About Optical Coherence Tomography - December 2, 2018
- Optometrist diagnostic equipment in the diagnosis and detecting of glaucoma - October 19, 2018